Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day. It has been a whirlwind one for me. My car had to be taken to the auto doctor for diagnoses and repair. The bill is going to be whopping. There is a little solace from the deal. The company loaned me a beautiful 2009 Acura TL. I am SPOILED. On board GPS, XM Radio, Keyless start up, power everything. Oh, to live the good life.

Back to business. I wanted to post a card that pays homage to the men in our lives. They don't always want frills so I went with classic red, black and white.

I stamped the hearts on red mulberry paper and ran the black through the Cuttlebug inside the Swirls embossing folder. I then used the deckle edge scissors to trim. I used clear Versamark, clear embossing powder and used the heat gun to get a glossy look. On the bottom black mat I used the Fiskars hearts texture plate with Versamark and powder. The valentine's ribbon is from Michael's. The red mat is from Hot Off The Press Paper Pizazz Solid Jewel Tones. And lastly I grabbed a few rhinestones to give the hearts a bit of sparkle.
Enjoy. It is hard to believe what a difference the clear embossing ink over versamark made to plain, matte, black cardstock. It is so much fun to Ink in the Name of Love.

From my heart to yours on Valentine's Day.

Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment