Monday, August 12, 2013

Happy Birthday to my Double Digit Dude!!!

It has been a few weeks since my son celebrated his 10th birthday and I wanted to post the banner that he awoke to that morning.
The greeting was adhered to the wall using the blue painter's tape. He was overjoyed when he spied it. I have to admit that he did awake while I was in his bedroom putting it up on the wall but I was able to soothe him back to sleep. He did not recall a thing. After a delicious breakfast, he grabbed his new bat and posed for a picture beside his banner.

 
He posed for some other goofy ones, but I will save those for the scrapbook. In addition to his banner I also put together this card for him using some very old product that I purchased during the QVC days. I absolutely love those alphabet soup letters.
Zachary loved the entire day; we devoted it solely to him. He wanted a game for his Wii so off to Game Stop we went. In addition to his bat, he received a baseball glove, baseballs and a new basketball.
I did inform him that the single (digit) life was behind him and there was no looking back. He proclaimed that he will enjoy being 10. Gotta admire that kid's outlook on life.

Until then.

5 comments:

  1. oh look at his happy face..what a wnderful way to wake up.on your birthday...what a fab mummy you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply Fantastic Vee!! Happy belated birthday to Zach. It seems impossible that he has hit the double digits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, loved both card and banner...I've just watched your youtube using clipart to make cards..,.you mentioned you got your clipart from Silver designs? Could you share who they are please? You did mention they arrive free I think it was monthly or weekly? Do you have to join a website, or email newsletter?
    Love your cards you make too....really great use of your nestabilities and the clipart. Great cards.
    Yours Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello sue thank you very much and Happy New Year. The clipart is from Dover Publications. com and yes you get free samples delivered to your inbox. Just sign up for the newsletter and click the boxes that meet your interest. I save what I want into a dedicated folder on my computer. There prices are great for purchasing also.

      Delete
  4. Vee, I am looking for your circle grid you used for your punches. I went on cdc.gov & I just could not find it. can you post the link thanks.

    ReplyDelete