Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day --The Shamrock

What would St. Patrick's day be without the lucky four leaf clover? I recall searching endlessly for these as a young girl.

My friends and I would toil for hours in fields of green seeking the elusive clover. During my lifetime, I have been able to find 4- four-leafed clovers. They had a home in the family Bible--not sure where they are now.

This card pays homage to the shamrock. I used more of the Studio G stamps on this one. The flowers are Prima and the ribbon from Michaels. I was supposed to have written March 17th inside the box or the words everyday. Still had not made up my mind before snapping this photo. Love the shamrock stamp.

Speaking of the Shamrock.

Information from http://www.history.com/

The shamrock, which was also called the "seamroy" by the Celts, was a sacred plant in ancient Ireland because it symbolized the rebirth of spring. By the seventeenth century, the shamrock had become a symbol of emerging Irish nationalism. As the English began to seize Irish land and make laws against the use of the Irish language and the practice of Catholicism, many Irish began to wear the shamrock as a symbol of their pride in their heritage and their displeasure with English rule.

Talk about using color to express your beliefs is in line with Inkallusions. Nothing positive happens unless it is done with love.

Always Ink in the Name of Love.

Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment