Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Celebrating Spring


It is that time of the year. Spring has sprung. Except that this year the tree blossoms are coming and going very quickly. Before I have had a chance to get out my camera and capture the Dogwoods (state tree) and Cherry Blossoms in full bloom they are falling to the ground. One of my most cherished times of the year is passing far too quickly. Our area continues to go from summer to spring and back again. Hopefully by May things will have settled a bit and we will have more predictable weather.

This card captures so much of what I love about spring. The feeling of looseness and freshness. We are less confined by heavy outer wear and snow and ice.


This is the completed card which I recently sent to a blog winner along with her set of stamps. It is from the DCWV kit in the pink box currently available at HSN.

This next card is uber cute in its simplicity. I was on an aperture binge and could not stop myself. I used my Spellbinder scalloped circle on this one. I did not get to finish off the card but kept it in my stash for inspiration. 


Taking a look at the components close-up. Everyone knows that I love my Sakura pens and I used them on this card.
The flower stamped on the scalloped
circle was colored in using the meteor pens. It looks like stained glass. Very classy.


 The circle quote was stamped and embossed. I went over the tulip and the dots with the black Sakura glaze pen. Love this cute little stamp.

Since I cannot leave well enough alone, I also outlined this cute bunny with the Sakura black glaze gel pen and filled him in using one of the metallic pens. A regular gel pen was used to achieve his cute little pink ears. I will at some point finish off this card with a ribbon wrap across the top and bottom and send it out to provide cheer for someone.

This card was created using watercolor paper which added a unique texture. I am having a blast playing with everything. When I take out a set of something to craft with, it reminds me of why I made the purchase. I have great ideas for lots of other things, but need more time to work on them.

No matter what I do, it will always be inked with love.
Until then.

1 comment:

  1. Vee...as always, great cards. The cherry blossoms have not started in my area yet..can hardly wait, they are so pretty! Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete