Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Crop Chocolate Designs: Nature




This layout definitely fits its title. My son loves the outdoors and trying to see what he can discover. This is a small park near city hall and just up the street from our family dentist. We had lunch in the park and of course he took time to explore. I had my camera and was able to capture the moment. I used the photos to design a project for www.CropChocolate.com.

I started by inking the 8x8 base with brown around the edges to create a slight distressed look. This striped piece if the other side of the double sided Making Memories Hillary Lace Flower. Isn't it neat? I love the boldness of it.


Then I cut the Making Memories blue Watercolor Collection (Ocean Simple Sponge) paper to 4x8 and inked around the edges with blue ink using a cut n dry foam pad for a softer look. Using my craft mat makes this job easier.

Basic Grey Fiber ribbon was adhered to the back and brought around to the front and tied into a knot set off center to the right.


This is the 8x8 page with inked edges, middle layer inked and fibers attached and tied at the top. This creates the base for the remainder of the project.




Close up of quote embellishment.

I used the adhesive back Basic Grey Granola chipboard for the title and added additional chipboard elements for the frame and as accent pieces. There is a companion page showing us having our lunch in the park. That is the page that will contain the journaling.

What amazed me was being able to get in three photos to help tell the story. Simple and quick. That is my kind of crafting. 

No matter if it is fast or you labor for days, just make sure you ink it with love.
Until then.

1 comment:

  1. Vee...I just love the colors of this layout! Thanks for sharing how you did it...

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete