Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Crop Chocolate Designs: Card


You know when I received the email from Crop Chocolate saying that I had a package on the way, I was thrilled; then I panicked. I thought what in the world will I create. After my box arrived I just stared at the contents for a few days until I bonded with the items. One by one they started to speak to me. My first project was this lovely card. I happened upon the quote by chance and the Granola heart was perfect for it. I love the natural look of the chipboard and it went well with the Noteworthy Hillary Lace paper that came in my kit. During the material gathering process, I selected some items that I thought would complement the chipboard.


I went into my stash and pulled the perfect color of textured Bazzill paper that I used for the card base. I rounded the edges and inked them with blue pigment ink and then embossed it using clear embossing ink. I then cut the
two remaining pieces of paper--pattern and the solid using Spellbinders curved rectangles. I inked all of the edges with brown pigment ink. The quote and it's layer were cut with Spellbinders  Labels 4 and did the same inking technique.

I stamped the quote using brown pigment ink and clear embossing powder. A quick blast with the heat gun and I was ready to begin assembling the card. As you can see from the photo, I narrowed my selection of embellishments. I decided not to add the fibers Basic Grey (Scarlet Letter).



I placed the solid green piece onto the base card and then layered the flowered piece on top. The final two pieces, the quote and the green die cut piece were assembled and then raised a bit on foam dots.


The Granola chipboard appears to frame the quote and guides your eye. The line is completed on the other side with the smaller embellishment. As a final touch I adhered various sizes and colors of Queen&Co pearls to the rounded end of each stalk. This card has a very organic feel to it and I like that.

It is hard for me to create a project that does not include stamping and inking. I took this one a step further and used my technique of embossing the inked edges. It adds umph without taking center stage.

Thanks again for stopping by and always continue to ink in the name of love.
Until then.

3 comments:

  1. Vee, I love these colors together. and your technique of embossing the inked edges added just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. You always have that "just right" touch. Glad to be back at your site again....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vee, love this card, loved all your crop chocolate creations.....gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete