Wednesday, February 11, 2009

From My Heart to Yours

It is almost time for Cupid to makes his rounds and shoot his arrow--yup, Valentine's Day. Hopefully if you are seeking love you will find it, and if you have love, you will cherish every moment of it.

As my son, Zachary, and I were sitting down writing out cards for his classmates, it occurred to me that I needed to post something here in honor of love.
I hope you can see the embossing on the hearts.

The materials I used include the heart acrylic stamp from Basic Grey and the quote from Little Yellow Bicycle. The ribbon is called Dots & Stripes purchased from Michael's. Cardstock: Pink flowers from EK Success Simply Classic Inspirables Feminine Delight (INSC003), Chocolate mat is American Traditional Designs Textured Paper, Cream mat is Bazzill String of Pearls.

Inks: Chocolate Pigment Ink is Anna Griffin--All Night Media Plaid (19ACH) and Pink is from Ink it Up! The button and brads are JoAnn and the flowers are from Prima-Got Flowers?

After stamping the hearts I realized they did not have any pizzaz to them. I cut them out and used the Tsukineko #81 clear embossing pen to trace over the brown ink. I then dipped them into my Tsukineko #05 Clear Embossing powder and the used the heat gun. I adhered the two side hearts and then used three pop dots on the center heart--adding the ribboned button.
I wanted to add ink to the Bazzill card but needed a soft look. I used my cosmetic wedge to apply ink working my way onto the card using a circular motion. I did the same for the card base.


After adhering the ribbon to the cream base, I used glue dots to secure it to the Chocolate mat. I then used my Glue Glider Pro Permatac to secure the entire collage to the card base. Adding the pink helped to achieve the right look.


This one is a just because I love you card. I wanted something that was not totally feminine and wanted to think outside of the box. Hmmm...I think I might have to go back and ink the edges of this card with chocolate or pink.

It is sometimes hard to believe what a difference a little ink makes. Whether you purchase your cards from a local store or create your own try adding a little ink somewhere unexpected--helping you to Ink in the Name of Love. Wishing you all of the best From My Heart to Yours.

Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment