Monday, February 9, 2009

Something Old is New Again

While doing more organizing, I came across a card that I stamped about seven years ago. I was creating sets for myself and had a blast doing so. This is one of my early attempts at cardmaking. I thought I would post a pic here.


The stamp is from PSX K-2291 (Stamp Exchange). I only wanted to use one of the images and repeat it, so I masked off the others. That is the one thing I LOVE about stamps, the versatility.

I used Marvy Uchida markers to color the flowers and black ink and clear embossing powder for the quote--Stampendous L062




Sorry that it is a little blurry. I was trying to take this photo at night. If I get a chance I will shoot another and repost. I used a variety of inks to sponge the background. It is something inspiring that I can send in the mail for encouragement to someone in need.


If you are a stamper, think of how you can take stamps that you already own and mask off parts of it to create something new. Something old will definitely be new again. If you are a beginning stamper, select stamps that will offer versatility and you will get more for your dollar. As always, Ink in the Name of Love and you can never go wrong.

Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment