Monday, June 7, 2010

Crop Chocolate Designs: Artsy Tag/Lady

It seems like I have Chocolate on the brain. If something must be there, Chocolate is not a bad thing, especially if it is CropChocolate.

This one is a project that I did not submit to
www.CropChocolate.com.  I was feeling a bit adventurous when I tried this project and had no idea where it was headed when I started, but I like where it arrived. I created two tags but this post focuses on the Lady.

As you can see this is some of the leftover cardstock from the Green Calendar project--5th Ave Sophia Harlequin. The lady is inked with the Radiant Rain Dauber.
This is how she looked once inked and embossed. I used a SeeD's swirl stamp to add some additional fun to the card.
I then used my
standard and scalloped Spellbinder 
rectangular dies to trim the Lady and the green backing piece.


After a bit of thinking I decided to stamp the green piece, and then realized the swirls would not be visible. So I edged the scallops with more of the Radiant Rain. I added a layer of foam dots to the back of the Lady and secured some Basic Grey fibers using a bit of scotch tape while allowing the extra bits to hang from the bottom and the top to form a loop.

I went back and inked the Lady card in green and added some embellishments: rhinestones and a glittered butterfly.



I again took the Flirty Alpha's that are quite bright, and gave them a wash with some Radiant Rain in Key Lime. Her quote simply says, Hi. Might go back and cut a green piece and then wash with the RR for a more cohesive look. Would provide a better contrast for the sentiment. I did go back and add a piece of green fiber to the card. Nice tag to hang from a cabinet or small knob.

Here she is in all of her splendor. I hope she brings a smile to your face. She certainly brings one to mine everytime I see her. The pose and the expression brings to mind an inner longing. I think of things that have been and things that could become--the past and the future merging as one.  I dream of limitless possibilites. Of course, each is delicately inked with love.
Until then.





3 comments:

  1. Vee...this lady certainly does bring a smile to my face, almost as much as Dark Choc does!!! I have some of the Radiant Rain & once again you are reminding me to pull out & use my supplies..thanks Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vee, this is a great project!! Love the colors, love the design!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great colorful project.Love it..

    ReplyDelete