Saturday, June 12, 2010

CropChocolate Designs: Artsy Tag/Travel

I know I went crazy with the designs for www.CropChocolate.com. I wanted to try and use everything that was sent to me. I am not much of a chipboard or fiber girl, so this took some doing for me. It is not that I don't own any, I have LOTS, I just don't use it as much. So, out of my comfort zone I came and this beauty just seemed to come alive the more I worked with the design.

I started by using some of the Noteworthy paper from the Nature layout. I did not cut it to any specific size, I simply used what was left over. I stamped the image using TH Distress Red Brick and embossed with clear powder.

I also wanted to add a bit of texture to the card. I pulled out one of the Fiskars texture plates and ran the lower half of the tag through the Cuttlebug.


After staring at how to trim the image, I decide to use my Fiskars Deckle edge (my favorite) to do the job. I simply love this look.


To further enhance the texture I selected a variety of Distress Inks and used my Cut 'n Dry Foam pad along with the craft mat and just added color.



These foam pads can be washed. I generally reserve one pad per color. I was a bit lazy here but will wash them clean later.


I went in search of the perfect quote for this tag and came across this one. I used my punch and created the two slits on each side of the quote and the tag.


I used the deckle edged scissors and inked the vellum quote also. Then my gaze fell onto the Basic Grey Scarlet Letter fibers, And I knew the ones I wanted to use.

This was me having a play with my tools. Most of the times when I sit down, it is to try a new technique or experiment. 
Again, I had a great time. When I was perplexed about what to do next, I left it alone.

I really like that I got to play with my Distress Inks on this one. I love those. I have not started collecting the new colors but will take the plunge this summer. Pull out your products and try to use them in ways you hadn't thought about. This tag hanging from your door knob or on your bulletin board will remind you to always look forward. And when you do find your dream and capture the moment remember to ink it with love.
Until then.

5 comments:

  1. Ooo, Vee.....so incredibly pretty! I really need to get my inks out and play!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vee, this is so cool. I sure don't have patience for this,but you have a vision to create these works of art..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kathy. You should set up a blog or at least allow me to post some of your creations. They are gorgeous. This way my followers will get to see some Copics used. lol
    I can see the headlines now...featuring the fabulous Tildas of Kathy R.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous of your mustard seed ink pad Vee - the craft store in town went out of business.. and I don't think I'm ready to pay $5 shipping for an ink pad.. lol.

    ReplyDelete