Friday, June 25, 2010

The Road to Independence

Hello again. When I created the background for the first card, I had several usable pieces remaining so I decided to turn it into two more cards and a border for a scrapbook page. I had someone ask what do you do with your scraps. I thought hard about it because I rarely have scraps. Any left over paper gets diecut immediately and used on a card later.

Here is the second card I created.



I used some star ribbon that I received as part of a summer/July swap. Isn't it gorgeous? I edged the white and the red mat with a goldleaf pen.


The base star is the chipboard piece that I decorated in the Naked Chipboard Vee-dio. I also edged it with gold leaf. It is ironic that it mimics the pattern on the red star. That was not planned but turned out well. Used a bit of Glossy Accents on the cupcakes.

 


Since the stamps are the same I wanted to change this one a bit so that all three had a different look. I decided to use the Fired Brick Distress Ink on the top, left the middle white and did the bottom with Faded Jeans.
I used the Cut n Dry nibs to be able to get into all of the crevices.

The epoxy sticker is from Creative Imaginations and it is also from the summer swap.


I had so much fun with this paper and deciding how to change up the card to make each one unique. Since I stamped it myself, I could place the elements where ever I chose. I decided to not create a pattern on purpose. This way each card could receive its own special treatment. I took tons of photos so here is another one.


Think about your own road to independence. When what you want is not available, create it yourself. Get out those small stamps that you purchased because collectively they can have a big presence.  Keep thinking and inking in the name of love.

 
Until then.

3 comments:

  1. Vee...I have a ton of small stamps & never thought about using them this way..thank you! you make me so motivated to get out there & do some stamping. Now can you just give me some time to do it in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Tcee. I will also gift the same thing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vee, you already know how much I love this! I still can't believe you stamped the background and it looks so perfect!! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete