Monday, January 17, 2011

Acetate and Alcohol Inks

I feel my mojo coming back. My crafting has been up and down as of late. The motivation is there but the energy has been lacking. I realized that I had not been taking my multivitamins. If you are of a certain age…you really cannot go without doing that for long. If you are of that certain age and are not taking any…GET SOME. It will feel like a new lease on life.

Once you get that energy, you might want to give this technique a try. 

Heather at The Paper Castle posted a challenge to our group to use Alcohol Inks and Acetate. Since I had already done a lot of that on my Zentangle Reloaded, I needed to push the envelope a bit further.

Tim Holtz did this technique with glossy paper, alcohol, inks and canned air. I thought why not acetate? That is exactly what I did. I am showing the results here but the Vee-dio is embedded at the end of the post.


Materials needed:



Alcohol Inks

Cut down your acetate if desired.

Blending solution is great to have on hand for over sprays as this is a great cleaner for Alcohol Inks.

The madness in progress.






This is how the piece came together while using the Pearl Mixative. I am sure that against a dark background those pearlized lightened inks will really pop.












I have great ideas for these pieces and the others I made once I stopped filming. I mean how many times do you want to see someone spritzing a sheet of acetate? I promise that I will post the finished results.That is also added to my to do list. 

I will use the embossing folders/texture plates and then Heather suggested hitting the high spots with a bit of Staz On. I like how she thinks.



Thanks for stopping by to see what I have been up to lately. I had a blast doing what I love most---playing around with inks. If you have not explored the many uses for your inks, what are you waiting on? Crack them open and get inky.
Until then.

9 comments:

  1. Veronica I think you are going to br an enabler,as I don't have any alcohol inks.
    Love the technique.
    Jocelan P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a new follower from http://www.spantastikreations.blogspot.com/.
    I found you on YouTube and I LOVE your blog.

    I'd love for you to come visit my blog someday.

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen this technique before. It's beautiful! Great job & glad you have your energy back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. jpeer, Yes, that is me. A total enabler. Came up with an idea last night for my acetate pieces. Hope to get them completed and posted by this evening. We are out today due to the snow, ice and freezing rain. Whooohooo, I get to play, and clean and cook. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Mama Remote, I do feel better. I am getting a lot more done and actually feel like doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome. I'm going to have to try this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vee, in a word.....AWESOME!!! What a fun technique.....hmmmm, maybe a trip to staples for canned air...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, what fun you are having. So I tried in last night and was up to weee hours of the morning. Thanks for your energy.

    ReplyDelete