Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Winter Challenge

Hi everyone. Just wanted to drop in to post a very late entry I did for my group's Winter Challenge. The base for the card has been done since like July...Yikes!!! I stamped it prior to sending off a set of acrylic stamps for our stamp swap. I knew that I wanted to do something with the stamp set but wasn't sure what it would be. This is an extra that was stamped using Momento Dew Drops.


Here is the finished card.


I used colored pencils and wanted to blend using some Sansodor but could not find my stumps. Funny thing is I had them three days prior. That is what happens once you organize yourself; you cannot find any of your things. lol. The background was created using some DCWV paper and a Cuttlebug folder. I like that the DCWV paper has a white core. Since the folder embossed deeply the white gives it a nice wintry look. If I were to do this card again, I would stamp some more branches along the edge of the page to give the illusion of a tree by not inking the owl.


I used enamel accents on the owl and a few of the snowflakes. The berries are Liquid Pearls. I hear that there is a new and improved version. How can the best get better? Don't you just love technology?

In case you have not heard, I am coming up on my second blog anniversary. Would love to give away some blog candy so be sure to check back often.
Until then.

3 comments:

  1. Love the stamp card . That how the weather is looking here in Palmyra, VA, mix weather, look like we going get hit later with this winter snow storm.
    Where did you get your colored pencils from? You did a great job. Stay warm. Schuyler vswaddy620@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this card when you posted it to the challenge but really love when you tell me how to do it..I see a little scraplifting in my future..lol! and again...that bird is really stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ladies. And yes, it is looking a lot like winter outside my door right now.
    Tee that owl is in the stamp exchange. Found my stumps and they were right where they were supposed to be. Only thing was I moved the container. lol

    ReplyDelete