Thursday, April 26, 2012

Happy Birthday, Mama

This is probably the hardest post I will ever create. It is to wish my mother a happy birthday. Had she lived she would have turned 75 this month on this day. It has taken me a year and a half to refer to her in the past tense.

My mother, was diagnosed with colon cancer and was delivered from it. That cancer monster came back and reared it's ugly head on one of her organs. She elected to undergo treatment and was actually doing well, but suffered a stroke in the process. Without taking any treatments, she rapidly declined and took her final breath on August 18, 2010.

I miss her dearly and still reach for the phone to call her to share my ups and downs. She was my mother who morphed into my best friend. We did so many things together. I fondly remember our trip to Vegas to visit my brother and sister-in -law. I was so glad she went on that vacation with me. We had the best time. 

When I was home I took some photos of some of her collections and will post them here. Stay tuned for an update.

Of all the tributes I have ever done, this one took the most energy from me but has been worth every keystroke. Very cathartic and cleansing. I know that she is in the bosom of the Lord and that brings me great comfort.

Happy Birthday, Mommy.
Until Then.

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your dear mother Vee. What a touching tribute to her.
    Sending big hugs to you,
    WI Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday for your mom, of me too.

    I lost my mom and grandmother also, I know how you feel. It is a big loss. It will always be a big loss, but time will ease the pain.
    the most important thing is that you will remember them always and keep them close to your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know she is up there smiling down on you and your lovely son. It is hard to lose your parents. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vee....your momma is celebrating her best birthday ever...at home with her Savior. It's so hard that they are not here with us, but we can remember the blessing of the time we did spend together, and the time yet to come. Big {{{HUGS}}} to you girlie! This was such a sweetly touching post!!

    ReplyDelete