Saturday, February 20, 2016

Reverse Bokeh Effect

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all of my peeps out there. I do believe that the older you get the faster time moves. This is just about the time when I want the days to drag a bit. Anywho, go shout it from the mountain tops that I have put up another post in under a month. I know ha, ha. Here is what I have been working on these past few weeks. I am calling it my Reverse Bokeh Effect.

  
I wanted to do this with varying shades of green ink, but did not have what i needed so I improvised. These are all Recollections papers and I used my punches to get various sizes. I then inked the circles with White Gesso and counted out at least 23 for each A2 sized card. 

The multi-shape circle embossing folder came in really handy as it continued the illusion of the circles. I made several others along this same theme and will post those at a later date. I could not resist adding a silver glitter to the center of the circles. I suppose gold would have been better, but I did not have any that size.
The sentiment is an old one from G-Studios used with a Spellbinder labels die. I tossed in circular flowers to continue the theme. They are from an old QVC set I ordered many, many moons ago.

Do try this technique using the toned multi-color paper packs available at Michaels. Have fun creating and keep inking in the name of love.
Until then.

2 comments:

  1. You are on a fantastic roll! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, holly. about to post some more today. i am rolling in green. thanks for stopping by.

      Delete