Friday, May 8, 2009

Still Easter

Yes, it is still Easter at my house. We actually have not put away the decorations. I am enjoying having them out since we have been innudated with rain for the past few weeks. I have to admit the dreariness was getting me down. When I looked up and spied one of these cards looking back at me my spirits were immediately lifted. I hope they have the same impact on you.

This one is fun and whimsical. On looking back on it, I should have stamped grass under the feet of the bunnies. They look like they are just floating. When I create more for mailing, I think I will do just that. A card can never have too much ink.



These photos show a close up of the girl and boy bunny. Aren't they precious? The entire set is from Studio G. Gotta love those dollar stamp sets. I used the Sakura gel glaze pens on these. I got carried away with apertures and glaze. That raised embossed effect you get is incredible.


















This final picture is of the flowers in the center of the card that makes that aperture come alive. I used the Nestabilities scallop circles and since they are graduated, used one die for the paper and a smaller die for the card behind the aperture. The paper by the way is from Die Cuts With a View. I had a chance to pick up a kit that has some inspirational paper and embellishments to get you crafting.
I stamped the image using Black Staz On ink and used my Glitter markers and glaze gel pens on the flowers and the sentiment.
It was hard to reign myself in and not add more ink to the card. Mmmm. This one is inkalicious. And as always done with love.
Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment