Saturday, August 8, 2009

Embellishments using Clipart

Hello again. This is August and the month of my birth. I have been having a blast celebrating and creating new things.


I have been receiving samples of clipart images from Dover Publishing for about two years now. These are delivered free of charge to my inbox. I recently had a chance to download several silhouette images. I turned a few of them into tags.



Having Mary Davis send a link to me is a wonderful opportunity to peruse many of the CDs offered and decide which purchases to make. Additionally, I can pull many of these images into my Pink Wishblade software or Inkscape.org (free shareware editing and design program). I have become totally addicted and decided to come up with more creative way to use these fabulous designs on my scrapbook pages, cards and other artwork.

Here's the video:


After cutting them out I have used the Ranger Glossy Accents to give a glazed 3-D look. I have also use the Sakura metallic, glaze and stardust pens to add a bit of bling. These can also be printed and cut in triplicate and them made into an impressive dimensional by placing foam dots between the layers.

Any chance I get to add a bit of ink to a project is a bonus for me. Try your own hand at using this "free" clipart to bring new life to your projects. Don't forget to add a bit of ink---in the name of love.

Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment