Thursday, August 20, 2009

Flower Soft Day 3

If you are still here for Day 3, congrats. I hope you have had a chance to view the latest installment. If not please check the links to the left and it should be the first one. If not click Retreat Day 3 to view it at YouTube. Flower Soft is an awesome product. It is truly glue and sprinkle. I just like being able to bring my artistic side to the project. In my opinion this is what makes it great for the 'novice' or the 'pro'.



Remember that you can use the code '5 Free Bags' at http://www.cutterscreek.com/ when you place your Flower Soft order to help with keeping you organized. These come empty and you fill them up. I can highly recommend the store because the prices are good and the service is excellent. If you spend a minimum amount your shipping will be free. That will not be hard to do. If there are items not in stock just ask Kim. If she can get it, you can own it.

For all you bargain hunters here is a heads up. The orange container that I use to house my flower soft is on sale this week at Office Depot for $2.99. I ran out and picked up six more. Now I have a total of 12. They do come in a range of rainbow colors and clear. Get 'em while the getting is good. They also have some itty bitty ones that would be great for storing brads, eyelets and charms.

To reward your commitment to this retreat I have posted this decoupage card that I put together. Now this one was a ton of fun. It was like dressing up my paper dolls from when I was a young girl/ok--young-old adult (I still own some).

The photo does not do it justice. I sponged the mountains, clouds and sun to create a background. Here are a few photos to give you a better idea. I added my pop dots to the pieces prior to removing them from the sheet. I found this to be a much easier method. Then I only had to focus on the front and lifting out the correct number.


















I used my tweezers to help me get the alignment right. I found these to be invaluable. The other photos are close-ups once I added the flower soft.

I started with the polar white and worked my way from light to dark colors.


I wanted to use liquid applique on the mountain tops, but mine had turned to a creamy latte color.

Maybe I can save it for my coffee stamps. This is totally off topic, but I love coffee. Black and Hot. Ok, back to the task at hand.




My dots are VERY low profile. I used some from American Crafts that I picked up at Tuesday Morning.
The card was folded to create a diorama type frame using my Scor-Pal. The quote is attached to a piece of acetate that covers the entire scene. This way I can display it and not have to worry about little fingers trying to remove the Flower Soft. I edged the side panels in the silver Peel Offs.

Since there is depth to the background it gives the appearance of a diorama with added dimension from the decoupage pieces. Here is a different view.


Hope you will experiment and play around with Flower Soft. I am sure they will be adding additional products to their line. Just ask Kim at http://www.cutterscreek.com/

Thanks for joining me on the Flower Soft Retreat---mmmm.....we could do a world cruise on another product? See how I get carried away? Before I forget, prior to adhering my pieces I used my Sakura glaze and metallic pens on portions of the images. It comes across in person, trust me.

Keep creating and inking in the name of love.
Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment