Saturday, August 1, 2009

Back on track

Wow. This has been a whirlwind time for me. I realize that I have been extremely tardy in posting to this blog. All for a good reason. I have been busy making videos for Youtube. I have also added a link so that you can view them from here. I am currently working on videos 8, 9, and 10. There is sooo much to do that I get chills just thinking about all of the creative ways to use my products.

Just this week, I received an order from Luminarte. It is loaded with Twinkling H20s, Radiant Rain and Daubers. The colors are simply luscious. Look to see card and page layouts using those products appearing soon. At some point I hope to post all of the cards I made on Youtube and have some of the instructions available for anyone who would like to duplicate the ideas.

Just in case you thought my life ended at Easter, it did not. Here is a card that I sent to my mom using the emboss resist technique with a Fancy Pants flourish stamp, a nestability die, some water color paper, and distress inks. I almost did not want to add the Happy Mother's Day message to the front because I did not want to detract from the overall symmetry of the card. At the last minute I stamped a small greeting and hand cut and layered the circles. The flower is held to the aperture using the Glossy Accents from Ranger. That stuff is awesome. I use it like glue most of the time.

This is the inside view. The left side is stamped with a variety of flower images and I used Sakura pens to add a bit of sparkle.
I also used the Fancy Pants stamp to create a border on the right hand side. I like how the flower and the scalloped circle mimic each other. This is one elegant card. My mom says she received numerous compliments.
Remember to think in ink and always in the name of love.
Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment