Thursday, October 21, 2010

Echo Park: Halloween Collection

Happy October everyone. I have had this project completed for some time now, but just no time to write and post. I'd filmed myself completing the cards but decided not to post it because I feel like I sound horrible. Wanted to share with you what I did using the Echo Park collection that I purchased from CropChocolate.com


This is a lovely standing card that I created quite by accident, but love the results. I think these would make for great place cards at any event you are having. I am planning to make some for my friend who always does a large Thanksgiving gathering at her home. Mints could be placed in the hollow area of the card. Since there is so much valuable real estate on the back of the card, I could not resist adding something to it. 
 

I used the Spellbinders Halloween dies and cut one on the American Crafts glossy accents paper and another one on plain black card stock. I then glued those together so that the white background would not detract from the card.

The paper pack I used: Happy Halloween by Echo Park.



 I absolutely adore this paper pack. Here you are seeing a collection of the papers that are available.









This is a peek at the stickers, alphas, border strips and journaling blocks sheets.





After making one card, I simply could not stop and created another one. This time I reached for my Glossy Accents and some of the Martha Stewart Microbeads. I am addicted to those things.
The shoes are from the Spellbinders die. Everything else is from the Echo Park collection. I did use some of my Sakura pens to bling out the banners and the trick-or-treat.

This is the back view of the card that I left unadorned. A simple message could be easily attached and it does fold down nicely for mailing and fits a 4x6 envelope.





Aren't these just the cutest thing ever?

 Here is the template for this awesome card. Hopefully between this and the Vee-dio you will be able to follow my directions.


I think I will go ahead and work up some Fall ones and submit them to my Yahoo groups October Challenge being hosted by Lynda.

Due to the fact that these papers are so gorgeous, there was no need for a lot of inking on them. But don't let that stop you. As we all know, anything can be enhanced with a bit of ink, in the name of love of course.
Until then.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Vee,
    First God Blessed you with a wonderful gift!! You truly out did your self on Echo Park, I love it. Where did you purchase the beautiful paper it too pretty to cut smile. Thank you so much for sharing with us. Keep up the wonderful gifts that God has blessed you with and to share with us.
    Hello to your son and continue to do the work that God has bless you to do. Love Schuyler

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vee..
    I really like how you did these cards. And the paper is to die for. Thanks for sharing..T

    ReplyDelete